My background

Monday, May 10, 2010

Just call me Sicko

Ok, so this getting old really quick. I was coughing last week off and on. Finally on Wednesday I decided it was time to make an appointment with the doctor. I ended up seeing a new doctor. She was so new that she was getting out her PDA to check off of her information of my symptoms, and not to mention she was looking at this little tiny book to reference medicines to give me. She told me it was allergies. I started to tell her in between my hacking that it wasn't allegries and that I had phelm and I felt awful. She just ingnored and prescribed me another inhaler, (atleast this one was a controlled one) However, when Erik came home with my prescricptions he said they didn't have the strength at the pharmacy so they made a call into the doctor. Are you kidding me? This is vital for me, and I get to spend another night breathing heavy. I was absoutely miserable, I could barely see straight. Erik said I don't care what they told you, you need to go back to the doctor tomorrow, I decided enough is enough and I went to see Dr Hewitt instead. He's my primary care doctor. And, sure enough he took one look at me and said it may have started as allegries. But that I was really sick and that it was time for some antibotics. I have a bacterial infection, that had to of gotten worse in the last day or so. Finally! I also got presribed a couple of other things. I ended up staying home from work both Thursday and Friday! I had almost lost my voice from all the coughing I also ended up with another ear infection. It was really bad on Friday night. Because the ear infection ends up throwing off a person's balance I was having a difficult time. I am on atleast 7 different medications right now. I'm hoping that this is it for the year. I had to take an occurence, miss work, now I can't take my hubby's birthday off. I'm really sad.
On Friday afternoon, I took my final exam for Psych. All I can say is I'm so glad that I'm all done with the semester. It's been rocky. The spring is the hardest. It's been a whole year since I've had a break now. I'm releived, I ended up getting a B for the class. So, now I will sit back. Hopefully lose some of this weight I'm carrying and stay well.

1 comment:

  1. Oooh, nothing makes me madder than a know-it-all Dr who doesn't listen to the patient. I went throught that once when I was 16 and was perscribed the wrong meds (which of course did nothing for me) and I have been really on top of Drs since then to make sure that they are listening to me. Glad you went back to the Dr and got a second opinion. Rest and Get Well!

    ReplyDelete