My background

Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Hayden's Daycare

On Friday afternoon right after lunch with my Jimmy Johns sandwhich in my hand still munching on it. I get a call from the daycare saying that Hayden has thrown up twice and I need to pick him up.
Granted, I was happy to be getting out of work early. I really didn't mind, I was really concerned for Hayden and how he was doing.
When I got the daycare, the director was nowhere in sight. So, I was trying to get more information from the girls. One of them got really defensive and didn't want to here me out. The other played dumb and didn't really remember anything.
I was just wanting to know what was going on before he threw up, was he happy? how do you know if wasn't just spit up? They got very defensive with me.
Meanwhile Erik's furious and calling them up getting upset. one of the gals kept saying it's there policy. I said nicly I understand it's your policy but I'm looking for some answers here. Then she proceeds to tell me that I'm feeding him wrong and that' I need to do some applesauce mixed instead.

When I went in last night to pick up Hayden. I finally spoted Mandy and spoke to her. I got some different information that the girls didn't give me on Friday. He did throw up because it was vial it was coming out of his nose. He was really fussy and upset. She also said a lot of the kids went home that day because of it. I thought to myself all important information that would of been useful on Friday. Why must the girls put up a fight with me. I just want answers. I don't expect the policy will change.

But, did I have dumb across my forehead, like I'm going to buy that he was throwing up because it was chunky. Seriously.
WEll, atleast I got answers last night. I'm afraid that right now Hayden has a cold which concerns me only because of his breathing. We always have to keep a close eye on him to make sure he isn't having trouble breathing in the process. I love my little guy! He's the light of my life!

He's going to be 6 months next Friday. I can't even believe it. It just doesn't seem real.

2 comments:

  1. Oh I can't believe that! When I worked in the infant room, if we had to call a parent to come pick up their child, we would always give them information that they asked. It's the only curtious thing to do! Hope his cold goes away and soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hope Hayden feels better soon. I know that when I worked at my church's daycare (I know, kind of different situation) anyone in the infant room had to know what was going on with all the babies. They were our responsibility and if a parent had to be called out of the service to come get their baby then we had to be able to tell them why. (at the very least it showed that we actually cared and were paying attention to their children)
    Good job holding them accountable and getting the information you needed...even if it was a couple days late. Definately would talk to the director about what could have happened if his illness was serious and what two days delay could have meant as far as treatments and stuff.

    ReplyDelete