My background

Tuesday, June 8, 2010

~Mirena~Frustrastion!

I had my doctors appointment to place my Mirena in, I really felt uneasy about not seeing Dr Cho. I had to see Dr. Song. Which in all of 10 years I still hadn't met her, I had seen everyone else, and felt pretty comfortable. But, before I could even see her I went through a huge hassle. First off, I got there right on time at 3pm, I waited about 10 minutes in the lobby, then they brought me back. I waited some more because there was no rooms available. When I got into the room after waiting another 15 minutes out in the lab area. Then the nurse wanted to ask me questions. She was worried that I might be pregnant, that there was possible small chance that I was. Because my Depo shot was good till the 20th of May. And I had sex on May 31st. So, she had to do a urine test, it did come out negative but it didn't stop the dr. from hesitating to do the procedure that I had already waited a month to do. (that's a whole another story that we don't have time for) So, she finally said will go ahead and do the procedure, after going back and forth for another 10 minutes. She doesn't really tell me how it's going to feel, or what she's doing. All of sudden I feel this major pressure down there, and it felt worse than a pap. She had a clamp and then she said finally oh yes, I'm measuring your cervix. I then felt to extreme pressure, and all of sudden I had cramping. I couldn't breathe. It was awful. She didn't tell me I"m almost done or anything. I felt she was so focused on making sure it was right that she forgot to talk me though the procedure. Oh, and as she sticking the Mirena and I was in pain, not screaming but saying ah, that hurts, She said "oh do you not want to go on with the procedure" I'm like no please just finish. I started to get really hot and light headed. Which to make matters worse she said right after the procedure was done that she didn't feel it was in all the way, and that I should schedule and ultrasound in a couple of days. And if I feel discomfort more than usual that I need to come in right away. The next 10 minutes were awful, as this thing isn't in all the way I lay back cramping and in major pain, She said let me see my other patient that is waiting and I will come back. I have my legs wide open and I'm on the bed or whatever and she doesn't get the door shut all the way. I couldn't believe it. The nurse comes in and really helps me through everything. I was so relived to have her there with me. She gave me a cold pack for my head, some juice and asked me about what part was uncomfortable I said the clamp and her inserting it in. She said that the next one she would make sure was more comfortable. And also did I mention they had to order this for me. And there may not be anymore. Luckily when she came back they found a spare. The nurse suggested that I have a spinal sort of novocaine for me so I don't feel the procedure as much. I did feel a poke and cramping when she was applying the novocaine, but I was squeezing the nurse's hand and this time I didn't feel as much once I was numb. But, she pokes her head ( the doctor) and said" We found another so we won't charge you for 2" I'm thinking to myself yeah you better not charge me, it's not my fault.
I had to work my way up to sitting up because I was feeling dizzy. It was not the best experience. I'm relieved that it can stay in for years. If you had to this procedure all the time, it would be too hard.
Today I'm experiencing some cramping and bleeding. It's going to be painful for the next couple of days. But, I'm proud of myself, I did still go for a walk around the lake even though I was cramping really bad.
Oh to make matters worse Erik was angry with me last night because I wasn't feeling well, and when I was in the office I didn't really talk about pain managment. And why did I get this done, and that I should of stayed on the Depo or went on birth control pills. But, I really think this is the best decision. He was just really crabby in general which has something to do with that he wasn't worked out in days!!

2 comments:

  1. oh that sounds like it was very uncomfortable! Hopefully the pain will ease up. Sorry that Erick was crabby with you. He should have been more attentive since you weren't feeling well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What an awful experience. I hope you start feeling normal soon and don't have to go back in.

    ReplyDelete