My background

Wednesday, June 2, 2010

My Birthday/Memorial Day weekend!

On Friday I was alone with Hayden, I did some cleaning but mostly was tired. I bought myself some Arbys and then took Hayden he was teething most of the night. I went to bed after a couple of hours of watching some soaps.

On Saturday morning Erik and I got up to take Hayden to the zoo for the first time, the big debate was to go to the Como Zoo or Minnesota Zoo, we went to the MN Zoo, Holy has the cost gone up in the last couple of years. It was 37.00 with parking. Suddenly going to the zoo isn't such a cheap family outing. Anyways, Hayden mostly slept the only time he was up is looking at people and he could see the big fish tank. He really enjoyed that. And so did I, I had forgotten how peaceful it is to just sit there and watch. We were at the zoo most of the afternoon, we didn't get moving till around 1pm. We were there till almost 5 and then we went to our favorite Mexican restaurant we had El Loro, and while eating our dinner really fast. Hayden was teething once again. Poor little guy. Erik, Hayden and I were so exhausted from the day that we all took a 3 hour nap. Then we got up. Erik and I watched It's Complicated. Pretty good movie by the way. WE also decided to watch Star Wars the 3rd one.

On Sunday I slept in while Erik watched Hayden. He got up and went out to eat for breakfast at the Pancake House. Great Place! We got home close to 1pm, And Erik and I had to get ready to go to my parents house for my birthday, Erik's and my Dad's birthday celebration (all of our birthday's are in May) We talked, then had a fabulous dinner. We had Steak, corn, beans, potato salad. It was awesome. I was so stuffed. WE had Boston cream pie for desert. We then decided to watch a movie we ended up watching the first Harry Potter, because my parents have them on blue ray but had never seen them before. We got done with the movie close to midnight and went home.

On Monday. MY birthday!!! Erik let me sleep in again. I got up and we watched America: The Story of Us on History channel. I've never been interested in History. But, all of sudden I am now. He went out and got me a pizza at Old Chicago. Then we took a little nap. I got back up around 2pm. I watched my soap. And, relaxed. Erik went to get groceries for my special dinner. And he got Amelia and Sherlock Holmes for us to watch. And he got me a really nice card. And of course Hayden was teething again. He was so exhausted he went to bed at 8:30.

2 comments:

  1. Sounds like you had a great weekend!! I hope Hayden's teething gets better. I love the MN Zoo, but it is a lot of money. Como is awesome as well!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you had a good birthday weekend. Teething can be hard, just keep plenty of orajel on hand and tylenol if the pain seems like its getting in the way of sleeping. We should plan to get together soon and celebrate our birthdays belatedly.

    ReplyDelete