My background

Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Hayden's Dermatologist Appointment!

Finally, I was able to get Hayden in. I went to Dermatology PA in Edina, off France Ave. I arrived 20 minutes early. Since Hayden was a new patient I knew I would have paperwork etc. So, the front desk gal wanted our my insurance card, wanted me to feel some paperwork out. When it was all done, I said that Hayden had reached his out of pocket so I would not have a co-pay for him. The lady gave me some stupid reason well, if their a co-pay on the card we have to collect it. I already had quite a day and I said" Nope, I'm not paying a co-pay you can call my insurance company, but I'm not waiting for my co-pay back for 6 weeks. It's only $15 but to me it was the principal of it. I was already annoyed by the day. And, I came in with my head on straight because it was concerning my son and a blister he's had for 6 months. And to get him treated for his skin problems. Which looked like eczema to me. OK, so the doctor took a look at his blister and got a scab of it. WE will have the results on Friday! He said that he needs to see those results and if he needs to do a biopsy then after that it may have to be surgically removed. It just depends on what these results are. HE did diagnose him with eczema just like me. It's a mild case. He prescribed two creams one for the blister and one for all over in the spots his skin is breaking out. I'm so happy that he finally has some other creams. He should be using this for 4 weeks, and if not any better then he would want to be seen again. And, I'm making the appointment just in case it doesn't clear up. I want to be prepared. I really hope his blister can go away soon. I know the doctor was a little perplexed on why it hasn't gotten better after 6 months. Hopefully I will have answers soon!!

1 comment:

  1. I hope the blister goes away and soon! Hopefully the creams you got are going to help him.

    ReplyDelete