My background

Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Wanting to make a Change!

Ok, so as most know. I'm so sick of my job I could scream. I don't mind the work, it's just that there's all these unnessary stresses of the job. I also don't want to be tied to my phones all day. I wish I had more freedom to get up and move around. And, why shouldn't I feel that way. After all I've been working at Medica almost 4 years. And prior to that I worked at Best Buy for 3 years. So, I've been thinking about taking coding classes online and getting a certificate so I can work in coding with Medica, and if that doesn't work move on to another company.
The only problem is with the coding is it's about a year, and the cost is 2,748.00, No of that is covered with Medica. Because it's not a degree it's a certificate. Plus, I would have to take a whole year off from college for my degree. I can't do both. It would be like full time school with 2 different degrees/certificate I'm going for plus full time work and time with Hayden, Erik and time for myself. Oh and some how manage to juggle friends and family as well. I also will be picking up most of the slack with chorus/house duties and cooking since Erik will be at school 4 days a week.
In one way I"m excited to get back to school. It means another step closer to my degree, and a lottery of money in a way. But, at the sametime it means less time for other things that I enjoy. I wonder what my next move will be? And will I be able to handle this very demanding semester?
Only time will tell. My Anniversary with work is on Dec 11th. And, I know I'm wanting to say to my boss, I'm getting bored and unhappy with my job. But, I know that there's nothing she can really do for me about it.

2 comments:

  1. I know what you mean. Whenever I bring that up to my boss she just says it's part of my job and I was aware of it when I took the position. I told her I understand that, but I want to do something more than answer phones. I'm always looking just to see what's out there.

    ReplyDelete
  2. well, you know what I did! but staying home all day and being a house-mom/wife isn't probably an option for you. Although you and Erik might want to look into if cutting back on your hours to give you more time at home with Hayden and less stress (you have been sick ALOT, afterall) is a possibility. Tomorrow is great, but don't forget to live today! (original quote my "me")

    ReplyDelete