My background

Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Hoping for Postive Changes

So, while I was over on the weekend at my parents we had a long discussion. I told them about my start of depression and that it's only going to get worse when I go back to school. My Dad is so smart and he really hears me out. He suggested to me how are you going to work out in the fall? He suggested I get up early and workout before work. It's something that I really have to change. My weight is bringing me down, and it will be vital to having engery overall. So, my goal has started this week. I work out Mon, Weds and Fridays in the morning before work. And while the weather is still nice, My Mom and I will be walking then on Tuesdays and Thursdays. Now, it's only been 3 days and so far I kept at it. I will try my best to have it stick this time. I want to be in shape and lose this extra weight. I can't believe I thought I was fat before. I really want to have a postive attitude and really commit to this regardless of all the other responsibilites I have.
Also, I am tired of doing most of the house work by myself. I want to share the housework 50/50 with Erik. So I told him on Saturday evening my purposed idea. I even made a spreadsheet of the duties, now we just have to follow it and hopefully things will go smoother. Erik seemed on board with the idea.
Erik also has shown he's trying to be more respectful, by putting his dirty clothes in the laundry basket rather than all over the floor. I guess only time will tell. Erik finally cleaned his shelf. But, I really want for him to ask his Dad if we can store stuff at his place. We just don't have alot of room for everything. I want Hayden to have more room to play so I suggested to Erik we need to store the coffee table. It won't be for that long, he's still on the fence about it.
I also got my haircut a couple of days ago, and I am really wanting to dye it a lighter golden blonde color. It's so dull and it needs to be brighten up a bit. I guess we shall see on that. I also am planning a trip with Erik, The suggestions we've been playing with are Barbados, Bahamas, Jamaica or Italy. It's still cheaper to go to one of these places then Hawaii. So we've decided to just take a trip ourselves. Plus, planning this trip is so much fun!
In the meantime I really have to think about what I want to do about my future, I've been trying to figure out what my next move will be. Am I really going to be happy with a management degree. Or Marketing?? Or what exactly do I want to do? I guess. I will just focus on doing well this semester and hopefully it all comes to me soon. In the mean time. I feel with some of these changes I can grin and bare my job. I dont' hate it all the time. I guess if things start getting better at home then things will get better at work.

1 comment:

  1. Great idea to keep positive! I am so jealous that you guys are planning such an awsome trip, Craig and I are hoping to make a trip to Guyana next year or the year after (whenever the kids are up for it) so he can show us where he grew up. Take lots of pictures, where ever you go. :)

    ReplyDelete