My background

Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Stressful Situation

I've been at Medica for over 3 years now. I know it's a good company. I know the rules are strict. I have a great boss, and I love the people I work with. Things are always changing as we all know. But, for the most part I'm ok with the changes.
Last week they gave us the news they we're reconstructing the company. It was in the Star Tribune. But, their was layoffs of 150 people. Then on Friday last week my boss discussed about our mornings and how we really can't be getting up to go the bathroom, until our breaks. We had so called personal time when I first started over here to get a drink of water, bathroom break or whatever. But, lately it seems that has all changed since I've been back to work. Especially since I'm not pregnant anymore I don't have an excuse. They want everyone to know that were being watched and that we can't be getting our daily drink in the morning on work time. OR basically anytime. It's work time and I know why their doing it but I don't like it.
And, because of the adjustment of being a new mom, I've struggled with being on time to work. I have 5 regular tardies. If I have one more I will be put on a warning. And I have 3 make-up tardies available. Basically, last night after I had gotten home from work I discussed with Erik about what I needed from him. I can't lose my job over something so stupid like this. I've been here for a while. I'm still so lucky to have this job. So, all I can do is plan ahead as much as possible, have back-up plans. And, let me tell you I'm certainly learning more about time management. I don't like that I have to worry so much, they don't roll of until January 2011, so talk about stressful. I just have to be really careful.

1 comment:

  1. Oh honey! I know what you mean! Ever since last Wednesday, the work load has increased along with their expectations. Although they don't give us a little extra wiggle room so to speak! I'm thinking of you!!

    ReplyDelete