My background

Friday, February 19, 2010

Update on my depo shot!

Yesterday, I had my shot, and lab assistant said that I should make an appointment with my doctor, to go over my birth control options. It's good that I'm giving the Depo one more try. But, that sometimes it's just not right for some women. She asked what my big concerns for side effects. I told her that I was very moody the last time, and I had hot flashs. Along with the fact that I work out and I"m staying the exact weight. I've heard that it can take even longer to get pregnant, before the drug where's off in your body and that you have bone loss.
All my concerns are valid but I have just see how these next 3 months go and I have an appointment with Dr Cho on May 6th to go over my birth control options. I might want to do an IUD instead.
I only went on depo before because it was compatiable with breastfeeding, now that I'm not doing that there's no need for me to pick this birth control option. Their's plently of other options.

2 comments:

  1. I'm glad that you are keeping your options open. I liked the depo shot and didn't have any problems with it even getting pregnant. But each person is different as you said. What works for one may not work for the next. Right now I have the IUD and I don't have anything to complain about it. It has done a great job serving its purpose and the best thing about it I only get AF every few months.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I had the Depo too, and immediately after got pregnant with the boys! But I also did it for the breast feeding option, and after the boys were born I considered an IUD. I only didn't because Craig's mom's ended up getting imbeded into her uterus, and I was like "nope, not for me" :)

    ReplyDelete