My background

Monday, February 22, 2010

could it be postpartum depression?

I had a little breakdown on Friday night. I was horrible to Erik, yelling at him, and in his opinion a little scary. I do recognize that I'm under extreme amount of stress, because of all my obligations. I know that I really should of considered taking time off from school to adjust to going back to work. But, Erik would have none of that. I know he's right it would just delay my degree even more. I've been sick off and on throughout the beginning of this year. I've worn myself out the last 2 months almost. I have so many demands of school, work, keeping the house going (you know laundry, dishes, vacuuming and just in general picking up)
I know that Erik is trying to help and as we go we communicate more and more and some things have become a second nature and how to work on them or around them. I want to discuss my birth control options with my doctor and make sure to see in her opinion if I could have postpartum depression. I know Erik and I discussed it over the weekend. And he' thinks I do. I also think though part of the problem is the depo. It could be making my hormones worse. I know that I was very scared over the weekend. But, I realize that I have to go back to taken care myself too. Erik can help me out by watching Hayden while I take a shower, or workout or maybe just have sometime to myself. But, I just have to speak up. I think that's also part of my problem I don't activate what I need or want enough.
I believe I can figure things out. That's why I made my plans with my best friend Cynthia for us to have a girls night. And Erik will stay home with Erik. I need a night with my friends even if I have homework. I have to do stuff for myself sometimes. I'm going to see how that goes, make little changes everyday. And make a conscious effort to be nicer to Erik, even if I'm upset as hell with him. Because I can't treat him badly that gets me no where!

2 comments:

  1. Oh hon!! I think you need to talk this over with your doctor! They will be able to help you in so many ways.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Linds I'm sorry that you are having such a tough time. I know exactly what you are going through as I had it with both of the girls. I agree with Gina by going to talk with your doctor. They are very resourceful and can help you out. That is wonderful that we are going to have a night out because sometimes that is all you need. If you need a night to get some homework done or other things just let me know. I will be more than happy to come over and look after Hayden so you can get a few things done even if it is just for an hour. Let me know what I can do for you. I am here for you.

    ReplyDelete