My background

Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Oh No

So, last night I did the laundry as usual. But, as I was transfering the wet clothles to the dryer. I found Erik's shorts all twisted and quite heavy. I felt something hard and had my worst fear realized when I finally got to the pocket, and found his IPOD, with water in like a gel filled mess. I didn't pick the best time to approach Erik because he was working on his mid-term that was due that night. I thought it could be figured out, and feared if I waited to tell him I would get rid of it and act like I had no idea where it was. Instead I came right over to the desk and said that his IPOD was left in his shorts and it was washed. He was of course really upset, but in the process he said some really hurtful things to me. Like I can't even look at you, or I could just hit you right now. One of the things I can't stand most about him, is he holds a grudge for a while. He doesn't realize it was a mistake and plays it up like it's completly my fault.
We made an agreement long ago that it would be the person's responsiblity to check their pockets before stuff is washed. But, that went out the window I guess.

So, I said that he could borrow my IPOD it's a nano but it works. Well, I looked high and low for the thing, and I couldn't find it anywhere. So, mine is missing. The last time I saw it was last year when Erik borrowed it because his wasn't charged.

I love him so much, but he really doesn't take bad news with grace. He plays it up like it's all my fault all the time. And it's something I wish he would stop.

2 comments:

  1. Oh honey, I'm so sorry to hear about that! I wish he would realize it wasn't your fault and it's not like you did it on purpose. (((HUG)))

    ReplyDelete
  2. Craig does that sometimes too...If he did it then its an honest mistake, if I did it then its eigher on purpose or because of incompetence...I just tell him he's acting like a hypocrite and he should shut up unless he wants me to drag up all the "mistakes" he's made in the past and remind him that he's not so perfect himself.

    ReplyDelete